Women's Forum manifesto discussion event on Saturday 13 January 2018 from 2.00pm -5.00pm at Heartlands Secondary School, Station Rd, London N22 7ST
What do women want...from the 2018 council manifesto?
Haringey Labour Party is in the process of formulating a manifesto for the May local elections. What should this manifesto contain to reflect the needs of women in the Borough? This is your opportunity to voice your views on this topic.
The Conference will start at 2.00pm.
The agenda is as follows :
· Welcome and Introductions
· Catherine West MP for Hornsey/Wood Green
· Peray Ahmet, Haringey Councillor
· Zena Brabazon : Haringey Councillor
· Sona Mahtani – The Selby Trust
· Kellie Dorrington, Haringey Citzens Advice Bureau
· Mary Mason, Solace Women’s Aid
· Q&A 30 minutes
· Coffee break (10 minutes)
· Discussion Groups on manifesto priorities
· Feedback on ideas from groups
· Voting on motions & confirming statements to submit
· Closing words from Catherine West
We will also be asking women to write down the key priority that they would like to be discussed and/or submit some short statements/ideas for the manifesto. We will then tally up people’s priorities and select several of the most mentioned to form the basis of our discussion groups in the afternoon session. So please have a think about what you feel Haringey’s priorities are/ should be, and what outcomes you would like to see the council deliver.
Please bring your labour party membership card - Registration is from 1.50pm.
I look forward to seeing you all there, hearing from some fantastic speakers, having insightful discussions and drawing up some progressive ideas of how the council can support all women across the Borough.