The Labour Party rules are very clear that all members who take part in BLP AGMs must be a fully paid up member living in the ward.
A 'fully paid up member' is someone who is not in arrears on the day of the AGM. Please clear any arrears you may have at least 7 days prior to the meeting to ensure that the payment is processed on time.
To ensure all members meet this rule, members are required to bring ID to the meeting and show this to the BLP Secretary when you arrive.
You are required to bring identification that proves:
- You are a member
- You are the member whose name appears on the card
- You are living or still living in the ward of the branch.
The following ID is accepted:
- Your membership: Please can you bring your Labour party membership card.
- Your identity: Please bring ID that features your photograph. This could be your passport, drivers licence, student ID card, work ID card, Citizen ID card
- Your address: Please bring a recent (less than 3 months) official document featuring your address. This could be your polling card, bank statement, tax bill, utility bill, payslip. It cannot be a personal letter from a friend/family. It has to be a residential address not a commercial or business address.
Under 18s with no proof of address will be admitted as long as photo ID is available. Any problems, please contact your Branch Secretary.