The AGM for the Tottenham Constituency Labour Party (CLP) will be held on Wednesday 27th July 2016. At this meeting, the Executive Committee (EC) will be elected.
The EC is made up of the 9 Branch (BLP) Secretaries who are elected at Branch (BLP) AGMs. (For more information about Branch (BLP) AGMs please click here) and the following roles:
- (Campaigns) Vice Chair
- (Membership) Vice Chair
- Women's Officer* (has to be a woman)
(At least 50% of the above position has to be held by a woman)
- Auditor (x2)
- BAME Co-ordinator
- Fundraising Officer
- IT & Marketing Co-ordinator
- Older Persons' Officer
- Political Education Co-ordinator
- Trade Union Liaison Officer (TULO)
For the roles above, members need to receive at least one nomination from a branch in the Tottenham CLP (either BLPs or affiliated branches)
How to get nomination from branches:
- You can find contact information for all BLP Secretaries by clicking here
- If you have prepared a statement that you would like them to distribute then please email them by June 22nd giving them enough time to organise their AGMs.
- If you would like a list of all the organisations affiliated to the Tottenham CLP please email TottenhamLabour@gmail.com. Please allow 3 working days for this to be emailed to you.
If there is only one member who has any nominations for any of the above positions, they are 'elected unopposed'. If they are not the only member, then they will be subject to a vote at the AGM. Only GC delegates have the right to vote. The results will be based on 'first past the post'.
Gender Quota: As we implement a gender quota, at least 50% of the Executive positions must be held by a woman. The ballot is conducted with the Chair first and then in alphabetical order (as above). If 3 males are elected in one of the 5 open positions, the remaining must be open to women only. For example if the Chair, Campaigns Vice Chair and Membership Vice Chair all elect a male, the remaining elections can only be open to women.
If a woman and man are standing for a position, yet 3 males are already elected by the time that election takes place, then the woman candidate is automatically elected. If there is no women nominated for the remaining position then nominations can come from the floor.
Criteria: The only posts which have a criteria is the Women's Officer - who has to be a woman and the Young Labour Officers who will the Chair and Secretary of Tottenham Young Labour elected at their AGM in Oct. They will have to be 14-26 at the time of the AGM.